IDEA, PRODUCTION, RESULTS
Canaletto is a rare breed of wine – a brand that can unlock the mystery of Italian wine. Italy makes some of the world’s finest, most diverse, interesting and delicious wines, but Italian wines can be quite confusing to understand. We carried out market research in order to understand exactly what the wine drinking public wanted from an Italian wine. We found that people would like the following:
- A wine that is authentically Italian – that Italians drink in their own home.
- A wine that that is not overly fussy, but is smart enough to take to friends.
- A wine that is interesting, yet easy-to-understand and approachable.
- Reassurance – the Canaletto brand represents quality
- Diversity – under the same brand, wine drinkers are able to discover Italy with this a wide selection of styles from several different regions.
- Authenticity – Canaletto is a wine of provenance, each wine displaying the characteristics of its grape variety and region of origin.
- Approachable – Canaletto wine demystify Italian wine, giving a clear message about the style of wine inside the bottle.
With the new Canaletto range, we are therefore happy that we have met the wishes and demands of today’s wine drinkers.
Above all, Canaletto is synonymous with Italy:
There is a vast selection of different styles from regions the length and breadth of Italy, a wine for every occasion, every palate and every budget, but how to choose? Canaletto offers the perfect solution.
Canaletto wines are the very essence of Italy, each telling a story of a special Italian region and its unique wine styles.
A pioneer for Italy, the Canaletto range offers authentic Italian wine styles, made from a wide selection of interesting grape varieties using modern wine-making techniques.
With Canaletto, the wine drinker takes a journey through some of Italy’s finest and sometimes undiscovered wine regions.
Starting in the foothills of the Alps in Trentino, moving down to the lakes in the Veneto, across country to the rugged Abruzzi, a long trek south to the Salento Peninsula in Puglia, then across the sea to the volcanic island of Sicily.
Canaletto wines are a direct reflection of their region of origin, the landscape, the climate, the culture and the food, and as we travel the across Italy, we discover a whole host of different wine styles.
We are proud that Canaletto is a brand with provenance, where each wine is typical of its region and terroir. At the same time the wines are modern and fruit-driven - a style that is incredibly approachable and adaptable to any occasion. Canaletto wines are the real Italian wine experience – autentico Italiano.
Across the range Canaletto wines share some of the same characteristics: quality, authenticity and accessibility. However, each wine has a completely individual style:
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, with a rich and full flavour
- Nero d’Avola Merlot di Sicilia, soft and voluptuous
- Pinot Grigio delle Venezie, elegant and fruity
- Pinot Nero di Pavia, delicate, yet full-flavoured
- Muller Thurgau Trentino, fresh with intense fruit
- Primitivo di Puglia, rich and velvety
- Salento Rose di Puglia, refreshingly fruity
All the wines are in perfect harmony – with a balance between modern winemaking and traditional values – the ideal choice for all occasions.